Pages

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Okay so bare with me as this is the first post on this blog in a long time. I've never had many followers so I've never seen the need to keep up with it. Plus this started as a family/scrap blog then later I took the family blog to another location. So anyway, I'm going to try to post more to this blog and lets see what we can get into!



One of my fav artist is Gabrielle P. over at http://www.scrapbook.com/. She is my inspiration and the reason why I've started changing up my scrapbooking some. I really like her style and was inspired to try my hand at it. I've done 2 other layouts using this same style but I haven't blogged them. This particular LO of my sister and I came from Gabrielle's original LO titled "MEG" You can see that here:
http://www.scrapbook.com/galleries/84905/view/2614791/-1/20/1.html
Isn't it amazing????
Okay so I realized that I had that exact same paper from My Mind's Eye (well it's actually my mom's paper but just here at the time) I loved the look she gave this LO so I once again decided to try my hand at it. I also did the ruffled paper technique she shares on scrapbook.com. I'll link it here when I can find it again. This is what I came up with. All the flowers on this LO are handmade.



Here is a close up of my branch and roses. I added "berries" to the branch with my pink 3D paint. I handmade the roses using another one of Gabrielles tutorials.





Another handmade flower that I did. I found this tutorial on YouTube and will link it here when I find it again. (I saved it in my favorites on YouTube)




Butterflies are punched using 2 different sizes of the Martha Stewart monarch butterfly punch. I just stickled them and glued them together.


Thanks for looking!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment