Pages

Saturday, March 5, 2011

In love with my Cricut!

Have I told you lately how much I adore my cricut and all my carts?? I have found a couple of carts that are new to me and I will probably use on every single LO. Some other carts that I've had a while I've rediscovered some fantastic images on them. This year I have vowed to start using my cricut more. Boy have I ever!!!

This LO, Once upon a Time, is of my son. Photography by Beth Coleman (my amazing photographer whom I'm learning alot from) This Lo is basically what you see is what you get. I used my cricut cart "Paper Lace" to cut that amazing butterfly background. I sprayed the white background with blue glimmer mist. The title I cut using the "Storybook" cart. The butterfly came from Hobby Lobby. I used bling and the Petaloo flowers, which I colored with my alcohol inks. The blue flower on the bottom is out of my stash from a long time ago. I then accented the page using my blue fabric paint. (the dots)

I love the way this turned out. "Family". I used a sketch from the Pages in Time blog. The sketch is for the week of January 13th. Started out cutting the butterfly from my Paper Lace cart. The flourish under the butterfly came from my "Cindyloo" cart and the corner pieces came from the "Storybook" cart! I added bling, a red feather, cut a small butterfly out using my Martha Monarch punch, used red fabric paint and some red stickles. The flowers, the white ones are K&Company and the black flowers are actually an applique for clothing! I glued that bad boy on, trimmed it in red stickles, added a couple of red Recollection roses and viola!!!!! The title is Thickers.

"Cutest Cowboy in the West" I used alot of distress inks on this one. If you were to go to my scrapbook.com gallery, you will see the proper credit to the person who inspired this layout. I used a mixture of my stash and my mom's stash on this one. The big flower in the upper left corner came from mom's stash, along with the "sweet" circle and lasso rope. The letters also came from my mom's (okay maybe more mom's stash than my own) oh and dare I say the butterflies are from her stash too? Okay, shall I say she supplied this LO I just did it!!! :)

This is my son's 4th birthday photo shoot. I love this picture of him. He looks like he can be a cologne model or something. I may just be biased. (but I don't think I am hehehe) Flowers are Prima and Recollections, the inks I used are all Tim Holtz, the papers are miscellaneous, and the big cutout flower came from, you guessed it, my cricut!!!

As always, I appreciate your comments and your taking the time out of your busy schedules to look and read my blog! Until next time, keep scrappin'!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Love how you use butterflies and flowers on your boys lo and they still look masculine!!! Very cute!

    ReplyDelete