Pages

Saturday, March 5, 2011

Sketches galore

I love sketches. I am constantly looking for sketches. I have found several sites that feature them on a weekly basis, some on a monthly basis. Some speak to me, others don't. You can't win them all right. The best part about sketches and no one expects them to come out looking exactly like the sketch. It's a jumping off point. A way to jump start your creativity. Some of the LO's I do based on sketch stay fairly close to the orignal. Others, as you may see, go off into a different directions. Both are perfectly okay. Afterall, it's YOUR creation.

Here is my Sugar and Spice page. The sketch is by the AMAZING artist known as "Suepup". I've used many of her sketches before and they are always ready to give me the mush needed "jump" I need. The sketch is 12-14-10. The papers I used are DCWV Mariposa Paper (the green background), the circle paper is Bo Bunny (Alyissa line) and also the photo mat is Bo Bunny. I used the Martha Stewart butterfly punch for the circle border. The big butterfly came from Hobby Lobby. I distressed the circle bo bunny paper with Tim Holtz "Old Paper" ink. The flowers are a mixture of Prima, Petaloo, Ek Success and Recollections. The title I cut from the "Opposite Attract" cart. I took the word "sugar" and added diamond dust to make them looked "sugared". The black border came from my "Storybook" cart. I then added dot accents using strawberry iridescent fabric paint.
My little girl is definitely the spice in my life. Some sugar, mostly spice. But I love her.

Snow Angel is a sketch based off the Page in Time blog. Its the week of Jan. 20th. This is one of those sketches were my ending result is different than the actual sketch. I used the same title placement, and the same circle picture (just placed differently). The paper already had the heart and the journaling space on it. Most of the time I have a difficult time with those types of papers, this time being no different. I'm still not sure if I'm 100% happy with this LO but it doesn't matter now because it's staying put!! :)

Prima flower and butterfly, lace around the picture is from my stash, bling and the letters are thickers. (I love thickers!) Small flowers in bottom corner is Recollections and I used a small swirly stamp behind those flowers.

This is a picture I will treasure forever! Read me a Story is based off a sketch done by Suepup (12-19-10) I love the way this turned out. I started out with a plain beige background paper which I took my large script stamp and Vintage Photo distress ink and stamp the entire background. My blue circle, I cut using the Paper Lace cricut cart. The vine is Recollections as well as the mini roses, the blue small flowers came from the floral department in Hobby Lobby. The large white flower is K&Company as well as the butterflies. I also used Prima flowers (gotta love Prima!). For my title, the words "me a story" I cut using my cricut, "Graphically Speaking" cart. The word "read" is chipboard that I painted in yellow. I then used the Tim Holtz Rock Candy clear and painted over the yellow. While that was still wet I sprinkled Martha Stewart blue micro beads over top of it and then used my heat gun to speed the process once it started to crackle on it on. Very fun process!!!!

As always, I appreciate all comments and for your taking time out of your busy schedules to look and read my blog. Until next time, keep scrappin'!!!

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous lo's!! Love how you explain your techniques!!! Sketches rock!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, these layouts are so beautiful and touching! Great colors and designs! I am especially fond of "read me a story" :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully done! These are gorgeous. Love the flower clusters!

    ReplyDelete