Pages

Monday, April 4, 2011

Heavens Angel

A friend of mine who is very dear to me recently lost her grandmother. They were an extremely close knit family and their mother, grandmother will be greatly missed. My friend, Mandy, wanted me to do a layout of her and her grandmother so she could hang it on her wall as a remembrance. So I went on a search for a sketch (you know I LOVE some sketches!) I found one by Beggahuna (I LOVE Beggahuna sketches also!) This page came together so easily for me. I did some editing on the larger picture. I wanted the background to be blurred since it's not a flattering background and I wanted their faces to appear softer. I still learning Photoshop and I have a LONG way to go but I'm learning. So without further ado here is my layout titles "Heavens Angel". I didn't do much distressing except around the edges using Tim Holtz Brick Red Distress Ink.Flowers are Prima flowers while the smaller ones are Recollections. And can I just inject right here that Recollections is kicking butt in the scrapbook section???? I'm starting to LOVE some of their stuff. Think Prima just cheaper!!! Great for the scrapbookers like myself that have to watch what she spends!!! I also included her birth date and death date. My friend told me of this neat little thing the preacher said during the service. The birth date belongs to God as does the death date. The dash in between those dates represent our lives. Everything that we were on Earth is represented by that dash. That dash is ours so to speak. After hearing this I thought it was interesting that during my Sunday school class yesterday the poem "The Dash" was brought up. Basically saying the same thing. I have that poem in my email if anyone wishes for me to send it to you. Anyway, Mandy wanted her grandmothers Obit on the page but frankly it was just to long and narrow to fit. So I made a tag to house the folded obit. This way she can pull it out at anytime she wants to read it. I will be posting a tutorial on how I made this tag so be on the lookout! :) Picture is of the back of the tag with the pocket for the obit. I hope you enjoyed looking at my project as much as I enjoyed making it! As always, I appreciate your comments and you taking the time out of your day to spend some time with me on my blog! Until next time, keep scrappin'!!

No comments:

Post a Comment