Pages

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Countdown begins: 7 days left

Well as of today I have only 7 more days that I will be pregnant. In a way it's a sad feeling. I love being able to feel her move in my tummy. As selfish as it sounds, I also love the fact that I'm the only one able to take care of her right now. I don't have to worry about whether she is cold, hungry, crying, etc. I am the only one that can "hold" her. I don't have to share her right now. I know, I know, it's selfish but hey, I'm only human!!
On the other hand, I can't wait to see her beautiful face. I can't wait to see Christian's face when he sees his baby sister for the first time or see the way he acts with her. I cannot wait to see her features and see just how much her and Christian really do look alike. I cannot wait to see daddy's eyes light up the first time he holds his daughter or how protective he will be with her. I also can't wait for the day that we all get to leave the hospital as a family and come home to start our new life as a family of four.
I went in for my final prenatal doctor appointment this morning. Nothing has changed still. Her heartbeat is still going strong thank the Good Lord above. I have come down with a cold. Although that will not change the surgery date, it will effect my comfort level. Doctor said I'll just be more miserable than I would be without a cold. Geez, thanks Doc. Talk about words of encouragment! I'm just thankful they didn't have to change the c-section day.
Things are getting rather hectic around here. I've got to sand down her changing table and have my husband paint it white to match her room. Then I have to start putting away all the baby shower gifts that I've recieved. (Thanks everyone!!!!) And some things I have to go exchange b/c I recieved two of them or already had one. I still have to make an appointment and take my dogs in to have thier yearly shots done before Tuesday (they were due for shots in January...oops!) AND I have to go Friday to get my hair cut because who knows how long it will be before I get to get pampered again. Also I have to cut my son's hair as well!! He is really starting to look like a wholly booger. All my clients that I still do are calling me needing haircuts and color before I "go out on maternity leave" persay. I has been a busy week and will continue to get and be hectic until after Tuesday I suppose.
Okay well I think I've ran my mouth long enough. I guess this entry will last until after I have Grace. If not, I'll be back to write more.

No comments:

Post a Comment