Pages

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Valueable lessons

This is quite funny if you ask me. Maybe not so much to my hubby. Last night I decided to cook meatloaf and mashed potatoes. Well when I was peeling the potatoes, brillant me decided it would be okay to put them in the garbage disposer instead of the trashcan. Well they went down fine. No problems. About an hour later my husband decided to clean up the kitchen while I bathed Christian. "Honey, our sink is stopped up!!" *hubby calls my dad* Dad tells him to create pressure in the sink by filling both sinks up with hot water. Nothing happens. We turn on the garbage disposer and from under the sink the floods start. My hubby has no idea why and what is going on. "Honey, I think I know the problem." I say. *smiles sweetly* I tell him what I tried to do with the skins of the potatoes and he laughs at me. "Haven't you ever seen them little old ladies sitting by the trashcan peeling potatoes? "yes" I say. He says, " Theres a reason for that!!" Well of course there is a reason!!! They didn't have garbage disposers back then!!!!!

Needless to say, he had to undo the pipes and clean them out. Lesson learned. No potato skins in the garbage disposer. I have the best husband for being such a good sport about that. Especially since we were up til about midnight working on our plumbing. :)

Oh and by the way, 6 more days and counting.

No comments:

Post a Comment